Life continues to run circles around me, so I’m borrowing from others today. Went for a follow up at the dr. on Tuesday. She said my tests are positive for Lupus, but neither of us think I have Lupus. So she ran MORE blood tests and had me go back on Wednesday for an echo cardiogram just to make sure everything is okay with my heart–which we both think things are–it’s just to rule out anything we might have missed. No swelling due to the wonders of Lasix, but the dr. and I BOTH want to find out the cause of it if we can.
Today I ate a REALLY good Mexican Bean Salad thing. I am normally not a fan of the bean. . .or of corn that does not have butter and salt, but this salad was TOTALLY refreshing and delicious and healthy. It can be eaten with chips, but I just used a fork. Here’s the recipe.
Really Good Bean Salad Thing
1 can Kidney beans rinsed
1 can Pinto beans rinsed
1 can Black beans rinsed
1 Can whole kernel corn drained (don’t rinse)
1 Can rotel drained
1 Can diced tomatoes drained
½ white onion diced
chives/green onions diced (no amount was given)
Mix it all together. Chill. Serve. AND I’m told it’s better next day.
This next thing was sent to me by my friend, Cindy. Although we all KNOW the things on this list are good for us, it never hurts to be reminded.
39 Tips for A Better Life In 2008
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.
7. Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE BLUES away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!!!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.