Well Rested?

Yesterday ended week #2 of school. Note that we actually had MONDAY off for Labor day, and then The Boy came down with a cold and fever on Wednesday night, so I was “off” on Thursday (when I cleaned the house and then had to go back to school for open house that night) and Tony was “off” yesterday with The Boy.

One would think after two days “off” last week that I would be well rested.

Yesterday after Victoria and I got out of school, I drank a Dr. Pepper Icee (it was HOT here yesterday afternoon and all Icees are $.99 at Valero and they didn’t have Coke) on the way home, ate some chips, got in bed with a new book and promptly fell asleep around 5:00.

The phone rang several times over the course of the next two hours, yet I was able to go back to sleep.

At 6:50 p.m. Victoria came into my room and turned the t.v. on. After asking her to turn the volume down, I went back to sleep.

At 8:13 p.m. Tony sent Thad to tell me it was after 8:00. Thad later reported to his Daddy that, “Her mouth got the message, ’cause she said something, but her eyes didn’t get the message, ’cause they stayed closed.” I truly DID intend to get up, but guess what? I went back to sleep.

At 10:15 p.m. Tony put the kids to bed and came into our room. I got up, staggered to the bathroom, then got BACK in bed and went BACK to sleep.

At 6:30 a.m. Thad came into our room to see if his Daddy was awake and ready to play computer games. My brain registered this event, but I went back to sleep.

At 7:20 a.m. I FINALLY, for real and for true, woke up.

That is 14 hours of sleep y’all. . .FOURTEEN HOURS.

There are other times in my life when that has been the case, like the night I graduated from High School. We had BIG plans–those of us that didn’t go somewhere and get drunk I mean. We stayed at Sarah’s house and planned to go to Shoney’s for breakfast at 6:00 a.m.-ish, then sit on the railroad tracks at school (the tracks ran in front of our school and you had to drive over them to get into the parking lot) to hold up signs touting the fact that we DIDN’T have to go to school anymore while everyone else had two more weeks of it. (Our school was a little odd in that graduation was on a Monday night and Seniors graduated a week or two before school was over) I got in bed in her brother’s room around midnight and don’t remember anything until the next afternoon around 3:00 when I walked through Sarah’s empty house to find a clock to see what time it was. I found Sarah in her bed taking an AFTERNOON nap. She was none too happy to see me, because she had to take me to school so I could ride home with my mom.

There was NO talking on the way there–very unusual for me after waking up, not so unusual for her–and as I climbed out of one of the Riley’s Hondas to go find my mom, Sarah said, “Roxanne? Looks like you slept in your clothes.” Very funny, because I had, indeed, slept in my clothes.

So I cannot for sure EVEN NOW say that I am well rested, but I CAN say I got a good afternoon/evening/night’s sleep. 🙂 I bet Becky could use some of that right about now.


2 thoughts on “Well Rested?

  1. With as much as you have on your plate, I don’t think anybody could begrudge you a good napfest! We’ve been napping it up over here too. It may be intermittent, but sleep is sleep. So say I.

Tell me what ya think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s