1. This will be a list of all things trivial.
2. Not QUITE so trivial, but someone cut, ripped, and stole almost all of the wiring from the interior of our house last weekend. Saturday it was there, Sunday afternoon when we went after church it was gone. They only vandalized that, so it wasn’t so bad. People steal it for the copper, then strip the covering off and sell the copper. It’s not cool at all.
3. The house has now been re-wired and insulated, but not dry-walled. As of an hour ago, the wires were still snuggled in tight behind the insulation.
4. Thad has been on a roll. The other morning he walked into my room and announced, “I’ve got lots of brains!” “Why, yes you do, Boy,” was my reply. . .and humility too. 🙂 “I have FIVE brains,” he continued, “. . .a Lego brain, a Transformer brain, a computer brain, an Indiana Jones brain, and my regular brain.” This morning he was so excited to tell his sister that he had decorated his race car on the computer “WITH PRIMARY COLORS!!!” Then, after he was dressed in his suit for church (he chose to wear the suit today for his 2nd term of card-picker-upper duty), he wanted Victoria to guess who he looked like. She said, “Daddy? No? Mr. David? No? I don’t know. . .” Thad’s reply? “I’m the professor from ‘The Music Man.’ All I need is a suitcase, then I could sing, ‘Oh, you got Trouble, right here in river city, with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool. . .”
I kid. You. Not. He’s seen “The Music Man” all of twice.
5. For fun, Victoria did an extra credit math sheet while we drove out to the property.
6. I did not quote musicals at the age of 7 or do math for fun. EVER. Nor did their Daddy.
7. I took TWO naps yesterday. . .one on the couch from 10:00-12:15, and one in my bed from 2:30-4:15. In between, I sat on the couch.
8. After all of my rest, I went to buy groceries, and the ’80’s hits were rollin’. I heard “True” by Spandau Ballet, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”, “Ghostbusters”, “Pour Some Sugar on Me” to name a few. I also heard lots of whistling and singing from many different people. They were happy, and probably as glad to sing along with “Ghostbusters” as was I.
“If you’ve had a dose of a freaky ghost, maybe,
you better call Ghostbusters. . .”
9. The week after the hurricane we did not get to see ANY pictures as we were without power. After it was all said and done, I finally got on the computer to take a look around the Texas Gulf Coast. There were many, many devastating images, but this is the one that caused me to gasp in disbelief. I am very familiar with Galveston Island, and it took me a moment to figure out exactly where this was. . .it was two blocks up the seawall from my in-laws house. On a five lane road–which is Seawall Boulevard. I was just amazed.
10. Over across from the Fish Tale and Shark Dude were two stores that we frequented for touristy stuff. They are gone. And I have NO idea how they cleaned all this stuff up. Again I say, amazing.
11. MY list goes to 11. Which is one more than 10. It doesn’t JUST go to 10, it goes to 11. Can you name the movie in which going to 11 rather than 10 was so important? I went to 11 to show you this. . .a pretty flower.