Head on over to Linda’s place and answer these for yourself. . .
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
a long boring meeting. . .you are expected to pay attention, whereas in the line after Christmas, you can people watch or chat on the phone or totally zone out
2. Except for maybe Rosie O’Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you “bite back” or become passive aggressive?
I tend to use humor to try to deflect the confrontation. If that doesn’t work, and I get mad, then I cry. I don’t cry to make the confrontation go away. I cry because God in His infinite wisdom made sure I would. It is a LOUD, NASTY SOUNDING, GASPING cry if I open my yap, so I keep it closed, thereby also keeping my foot out of said yap.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
American Indian, German, Southern, go figure
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Laugh with me
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no “all of the above” option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you’d like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don’t have to.
Cake. My Granny’s homemade yellow cake with homemade cooked fudge frosting. I’d give you the recipe, but it died with her. She always made it from memory, and no one ever thought to have her write it down.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
No, but my Granny up there did, and I LOVED it. She had some that were my favorites, and I could play with them when she wasn’t using them. I won all the way around. They all smelled like Merle Norman face powder. She also changed her bathroom curtains (white with different colored balled fringe) and towels with the seasons. No lie.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel but hardly ever get to go
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
“Pet Sematary.” I went to see it in college to make a boy happy and to be with him, and I wish. . .to this day. . . that I’d not even stayed as long as I did. (Which was to the part after the funeral when the dad goes back to sit in the cemetery.) I also wish I’d been wise enough to know that I would NEVER be able to make that boy happy. At least I learned my lesson.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Fun, fun, fun. . .except, of course, for the parts that were painful.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?