RANDOM DOZEN PREVIEW:
1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don’t care, just share.
Fall night, Jr. High football game, in the stands with MaryLinda and Clay. Clay wanted to know who I liked. I wouldn’t tell him. Mary Linda said, “He’s on the side lines wearing a pink shirt.” There was only ONE person on the side lines wearing a pink shirt. I dumped my Sprite on her head. She threw her Coke in my face. We were still in each others’ weddings. . .we are still friends today.
2. What’s your favorite Beatles song? “Yesterday”
3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be? my cotton night gowns. . .for home only
4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Host. The end.
5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
I do not think we will EVER move completely away from traditional books OR the need to learn to write by hand. Despite what anyone may say, these are part of how humans express themselves. . .there has always been some form of written/drawn communication and always someone to read it. Technology is faster, but not infallible. There are things you can do with a book and a pen and a piece of paper that cannot be done on a computer screen. We are already losing more than a generation’s worth of correspondence by using e-mail. . .faster. . .reaches more. . .but gone with the touch of a button. And I still have ALL the letters that MaryLinda up there sent to me in Jr. High, High School, and College.
6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing? All three. I am multi-sensory. I guess I lean more toward visual. . .which includes reading.
7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
no sense of humor. . .or didn’t get MY sense of humor
8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn’t realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
Pair of dirty socks (mine). . .no idea–but I will take them to the laundry room if I don’t forget.
10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
Top Gun I guess. I THINK I watched some of Risky Business on HBO back in the day, but I don’t remember much of it. I also saw Far and Away–but Top Gun is the one I remember from college.
11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don’t like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
Move it back and forth and forth and back in my cabinet until I throw it away in a fit of frustration one day. . .although it sometimes doubles as body wash. I’ve HEARD the hair conditioner you don’t like is GREAT for shaving your legs.
12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)
Corn chowder. No doubt.