Or something like that. . .it’s been a long week, and if you, like the WONDERFUL PARENTS (truly they are top notch) in my school district have access to your childrens’ grade online, please cut the teachers (and your kids) some slack and KNOW that WE’VE ONLY BEEN IN SCHOOL FOR THREE WEEKS PEOPLE. It’s been BUSY!!!!! I FINALLY updated my school website to not read “November 13, 2009” (which, shockingly even to ME appears to be the last time I updated it. Last year was not my shining opus. . .Mr. Holland would be disappointed, I’m sure.)
Linking to Linda this week. I had trouble abiding by her number (normally one), but her questions/prompts are. . .
1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.
From a store: Subway turkey on white, cheese, lettuce, pickles, onions, bell pepper, mayo, salt and pepper. . .and THERE MUST BE (crunchy) Cheetos. From home: Tony’s tuna salad. Yum.
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
Song. . .though conversation is not far behind
3. What is your favorite board game?
Yahtzee. . .does that count? If not, Scrabble.
4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children? More–at least for now.
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
Diet Coke and also mascara
6. Do you agree with Tennyson’s assertion, “‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?”
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
Statue of Liberty. . .I was newly pregnant with Victoria, sick as a dog, it was December 22 and cold, cold, COLD.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
For me it is to be disappointed in someone else. . .UNLESS I have caused someone else pain. . .then it’s more painful to be disappointed in myself because the pain is compounded. I do not like this question.
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
The 3×5 white subway tile. I KNOW that white subway tile is NOT that uncommon, but when we were building our house, they had EVERY TILE KNOWN TO MANKIND except for what I wanted. . .which was 3×5 white subway tile. That and my touches of blue and white. And also my ceramic cow.
10. Are you a crafty person?
Oh. My. Goodness. Yes.
11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
Besides grilled meat? Potato salad–and deviled eggs–preferably made by my Momma.
12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend. A nap, watching movies, watching the rain, writing a letter. . .